STUDENT ONLY EVENT
The future of business is being written by companies and products that—intentionally or not— shake billion dollar industries. In design disruptors, enter the world of 15+ industry-toppling companies—valued at more than $1 trillion dollars combined—with one unifying secret advantage: the transformative power of design.
Design disruptors reveals a never-before-seen perspective on the design approaches of these companies and how they are overtaking billion dollar industries through design.
The film is a first for the industry, highlighting the world's most influential companies putting product design first, transforming the way we do everything from renting a car to finding new music.
"In Design Disruptors, we're uncovering what so many of the best companies already know—that the screen is the most important place in the world, and that design has become the new language of business," said Clark Valberg, CEO of InVision and executive producer of the film. "The user's experience on that screen has become the new front line in the battle for the hearts and minds of the consumer."
InVision produced the film, and will host multiple screenings of its highly-anticipated documentary in cities internationally, with online release on Monday, August 1, 2016. Following the San Francisco premiere, InVision will join design leaders from featured companies in a talkback session at the Castro Theater to explore the impact design has made—and continues to make—on the world today.
"Design Disruptors" weaves together the inspiring true stories of designers who have gone against the status quo, upending their respective industries by focusing on the end user through the lens of design. The film features expert voices from many of the world's leading companies, including:
- John Maeda, Design Partner at Kleiner Perkins Caufield and Byers and former President of the Rhode Island School of Design(RISD)
- Daniel Burka, Design Partner at Google Ventures
- Frank Yoo, Director of UX and Product Design for Lyft
- Ryan Donahue, Vice President of Global Design at Zendesk
- Andy Law, Lead Mobile Product Designer at Netflix
- Julie Zhuo, Vice President of Product Design at Facebook
- Katie Dill, Director of Experience Design at Airbnb
- Tobias Van Schneider, Former Lead Product Designer and Art Director at Spotify
- Aarron Walter, Vice President of Design Education at InVision and founder of UX practice at MailChimp